Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
A&C Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 12:22:35 -0800
Lonranger wrote:

Several People have wondered about how to get rid of those pesky shortcut
arrows, the latest person mentioning it being Kathleen.

If you are comfortable with registry editing, here is how to do it....

<snip to avoid excessive quoting>

Good idea Sam, and for those not comfortable with registry editing, I have
another suggestion. Change the icon that is displayed for a shortcut.
Personally, I like tweakui, but for those who don't, this method does work
for most shortcuts in win95, but won't for some types. (I don't know about
win98, win2k, etc.).

-Open windows explorer - click view/options - then click the 'File Types'
tab.
-Select the shortcut type you want to change and click 'edit'.
-Click 'Change Icon' (at the top)
-You should see a window open with several different icons, but if not, then
click 'Browse'.
-Browse to C:\windows\system and select an icon .dll file - usually
shell32.dll
-Click open, find an icon that you like, or one that suits the type of
program, and click 'ok'.
-Click 'ok' again and you're done...for that type of shortcut.

The problems associated with doing it this way are:

-You'd have to repeat the process for every shortcut icon you want to
change.
-You may choose an icon that's being used by windows for another
application, which shouldn't do  any harm, but may cause user confusion.
-It doesn't work for all types of shortcuts, but it is an alternative to
tweakui.

Regards,
Alan Thompson

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: