Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Alan Guy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Mar 2000 12:17:24 -0500
Hi Diane,

> I recently downloaded and installed Download Accelerator Plus
(DAP).  I
> know what it does, and haven't been aware of any ads.  I like
the fact
> that it will disconnect from the Web when it is done
downloading your
> program(s).  What is Go!Zilla?  Does it do the same as DAP,
and if so, is
> it any better?

My free "ADWARE" version of DAP has banner ads in it that are
pulled into the gui via a back channel from the internet. DAP
doesn't have the "advert.dll" file that Go!Zilla has, but
obviously "must" have some equivalent.

Go!Zilla and DAP are very similar (Fords vs. Chevys - really),
but I think the GUI in Go!Zilla is pretty remarkable and I
believe Go!Zilla is a good bit more "configureable". It may not
be though - I didn't spend much time with DAP.

> Also, do I need a firewall program if I'm not using a cable
modem and
> just a regular 56K modem?

Firewall...??? I don't think any of us "needs" one, really. But
it IS positively stunning to see a list of (and be made aware of
in 'real time') all the applications on our pc that try to make
a connection with something/someone/somewhere on the internet -
without our knowledge. T-H-A-T-S what I like about firewalls.
They allow you to set permissions for each application and/or
demand that any application ASK for permission (from YOU) before
establishing a connection on the internet (every time, none of
the time, or DENY permission). I think it's just nice to know.
By all means don't BUY a firewall, though - there's free ones.
We're all in the process of being "numbered by the Beast", I
just like watching it happen ;-]

     _-= Alan P. Guy =-_
Do... or do not. There is no 'try'. - Yoda

         The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering the NOSPIN
        File Download CD... All the files from our File Download
         area and much more...  over 165 files, all on one CD!!
                      http://nospin.com/promotions