Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Dean Kukral <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Aug 2013 19:05:45 -0500
On 8/21/2013 12:44 PM, Joyce A wrote:
> Same old "coffee grinder:" my eMachines, running Windows XP Home 2002,
> SP 2, 1.8 GHz and 704 MB of RAM, 150-gig HD with only 23.3 gig used.
> Running very, very slowly on a HughesNet connection -- and today, it
> keeps overclocking.  When I open Mozilla
> Firefox, several incidences of the same blank page pop up and the top
> page flickers.  I have to use <CTRL> <ALT> <Delete> and it comes up
> "Not responding."  When I click End Task, I have to repeat that action
> per the number of pages that have come up.  Once it was twelve times
> and once it was nine.
>
> Computer is virus- and malware-free with MSSE and Malwarebytes for a
> backup.  Scanned yesterday with MWB and came up with nine PUPs which I
> removed.  Then scanned again with MSSE and Spybot S & D and everything
> seems to be clean.
>
> So is this a temporary glitch?  Or is this ol' thing finally wearing
> itself out?  T'bird doesn't seem to be affected.  Thanks in advance!
>
> Joyce
> SE Ohio

What do you mean by "overclocking?"  Do you mean "overclicking," as if
you pressed on the mouse and it responded more than once?

It looks like when you click on an URL it clicks multiple times, so it
has to download more than one page comes up.  That would cause your
internet connection to appear very slow, because it might be downloading
several pages at once.

I would try to borrow a friend's mouse and see if it works better. Could
be the clicker in your mouse has gone bad.

If that doesn't help, then maybe you could describe other problems that
you might have.  Is your only problem when you're using Firefox?

As a rule, a computer doesn't exactly "wear out," but a piece - such as
a mouse - can certainly go bad from time to time.  Especially a piece
with a moving part.

HTH,

Dean Kukral

                         support at our website: