Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Darrach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Sep 2000 19:54:13 -0400
At 11:00 AM 9/15/00 -0400, you wrote:
>I received the following message from a friend and am not sure of the
>answer.  Hope someone here can help out.
>
>"I have a question on W98 which I loaded on my laptop over the original
>W95 Programme.
>
>Since doing this everything loads twice - when I boot the system detail
>shows up then the W98 Logo then the system detail again and the W98 logo again.

This is precisely what happens with my two computers running WIN98 SE. I,
perhaps for want of knowing better, consider it a normal part of the load
process.  I think the same thing happened with WIN 95.

>When it gets to the dekstop the icons load then reload and when I am on
>the interet I get some funny results.

Same again except that I don't get "funny results" on the Internet.
Probably just a normal screen refresh as things load.

>I want to reinstall the W98 so my question is - If I uninstall do I get
>back to W95 or DOS?

I believe that she would revert to WIN 95 UNLESS she has deleted the WIN 95
backup [or declined to let WIN 98 create one] that WIN 98 should have done
when it was installed.

>If I get  back to W95 I have no problem but if I get back to DOS can I
>install W98 from the  CD ROM or are there other difficulties in doing this ?
>
>Don't want to do anything until I understand what the results might be."

In light of the indications I don't think I would try a reinstallation just
yet. For other reasons I have done several formats and clean installations
of WIN98 SE over the past month. None have eliminated what your friend
considers to be a "loads twice " situation.

If she is running WIN98 SE and has created a Startup floppy which includes
CD drive support then she can reinstall WIN 98 SE from  the A: prompt. I'm
not sure whether the same thing can be done with WIN 98. Anyone know?

Unless your friend and I are the only ones suffering from "loads twice"
syndrome, perhaps it would help if you let the Group know more details. For
example,  what version of WIN 98 is being used and what specific funny
results is she encountering on the Internet.

If we are the only ones, could someone help us out?

Peter Darrach

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>