Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Alex Goldfinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 00:15:07 -0500
If Connie's suggestion doesn't work, try leaving both the cable modem and
the router powered up even if you turn off the computer.  I had a similar
problem and that fixed it for me.  I figure that each device is asking for
the IP address using DHCP and there is a timing conflict.

At 12:05 AM 3/5/2003 -0500, you wrote:
>Date:    Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:56:48 -0500
>From:    Robert Lendrim <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Internet connection
>
>I have a full time cable internet connection which has been working
>perfectly for 3 months using W98SE and IE 5.50. I recently added a Linksys
>BEFSR41 router/switch. I fumbled around to get connected with the router in
>line. In the process, I used a Win XP utility which is supposed to
>automatically set up a network. After an hour or so, with some help from
>the cable provider, I got it working. There remains one small problem.
>
>When IE5.5 tries to get a site, it returns the following message:
>"No connection to the internet is currently available. To view internet
>content that has been
>saved on your computer, check Work Offline. Click Try Again to attempt to
>connect."
>
>When I click "Try Again" it immediately goes to the page. So it seems it is
>connected but doesn't realize it's connected. Can anybody suggest how to
>fix this? Thanks BL

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml