Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tony Beckett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 08:57:31 +0100
Does anyone know a formula that will reduce a defined
number by one, every 24 hours, or better at 00hrs ? I
trying to make a cell count down imputed days
automatically.

If you use =TODAY() Excel will give you todays date but if
you format the cell as "general" you will get the
underlying "date number".

1st August 2006 is 38930 - Excel starts its numbering at
1st January 1900 and
counts each day as 1.

On the sheet you need a "start date" cell and an =TODAY()
cell. Take one from the other and you have how many days
since you started counting down. As =TODAY() is "live" and
connected to the computers date the number changes as each
days date changes.

Link that calculation into the number you wish to see
"counting down" and you are there.

Easier to show in a workbook than in words, so e-mail
if you would like the Excel file.

Regards

Tony
Tony Beckett - Rutland, UK