Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
E B Lund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Mar 2007 23:27:18 -0600
Had started this post, and a tab here and an escape there wiped it all out.
Grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Short version. All my Outlook appointments have shifted to one hour later.
i.e. 5:00 appointment moved by Outlook to 6:00. Windows is patched, but
realized that Office did not have an automtic update feature (at least not
as a default) so apparently nothing has been updated since install. Most
recent Outlook update, excepting junk email filter was Service Pack 3 from
last June. So, I downloaded, after which I got a very odd message:

"Interner Explorer - Security Warning
"The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this
software?

     " Name: OFFICESMBESP-kb920115-fullfile-enu.exe

  "Publisher: Unknown Publisher

"Run/Don't Run

"This file does not have a valid digital signature that verfies its
publisher. You should only run software from publishers you trust. How can I
decide what software to run?"

Click on that last question and you get:

"Should you run downloaded software that has no valid digital signature?
"Probably not. A valid digital signature identifies the publisher of the
software and verifies that the software has not been tampered with since it
was signed. Without a valid digital signature, you have no way to verify
that the software is what it claims to be.

"If you have software on your computer that you downloaded from the
Internet, don't open or run it without asking these questions:

"Did you ask for the software?

"Did you click a link on a Web site to start this download, or did the
software show up without any action on your part? If you did not start the
download, you should be very cautious. If you don't need the software,
cancel the download. If you choose to run the software, make sure you know
what it is for and what it will do to your computer before you proceed.

"Do you know who published the software?

"If the file has no valid digital signature, you cannot be certain that the
software is actually from the source it claims to be from, or that it has
not been tampered with. You should not run the software unless you trust the
publisher and know what the software will do to your computer.

"Do you know what the file will do to your computer?

"The Web site providing the file should tell you what the file is for and
any special details you need to know about the file to run it. If this
information is not available, you should be cautious about downloading the
file."

A yahoo search for the file name takes me back to the Microsoft update site:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=d6de0e30-d97d-4db2-8a25-9159cf82ab46&displaylang=en

I am in disbelief. I go to help/check for updates on my MICROSOFT product,
ask for updates at the MICROSOFT site and I apparently get a file that
MICROSOFT Internet Explorer says has an unknown publisher. I would ask a
question, but I find myself speechless. Can anyone enlighten me?

William Closure

PS None of this addresses the daylight savings time issue. An article at MS
(as in Microsoft) NBC states:

"Patches may not always work
"For people who store their appointments in Microsoft Outlook or other
desktop-based calendar programs — rather than dynamic, Web-based programs
such as Google Calendar — the situation gets trickier. Patches for calendar
programs are available, but appointments entered before a patch was applied
might still be registered in standard time rather than daylight time — off
by an hour.

"Microsoft advises heavy calendar users to go online and download a small
program known as “tzmove” — Time Zone Move — that can retrofit all
previously booked appointments to the new daylight-saving rules."

Why is "tzmove" not even listed as an Outlook update? As I said, I am
speechless yet again, this time because I had to go to the news to
inadvertantly discover a fix for what must be a widespread problem, and I
will attempt that program once this issue with the "unknown publisher" is
addressed.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml