Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ian Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jun 2002 22:02:28 +1200
I just discovered what I did wrong when I sent the infected mails to Al
Thompson, and his McAffee found no KLEZ.

I had originally forwarded the four mails to myself, from my XP\AVG rig to
my W98SE\Norton rig.  Norton confirmed that they were indeed infected, and
then I sent them on to Al Thompson.

But I forgot that Norton had already laundered them - DUH!...so they were
harmless.

Anyway, someone else here (sorry to forget who) suggested I check to see if
my XP\AVG was configured correctly to check emails.

I had thought it was, as it says so on the main window of the AVG prog, but
when I dug deeper, I found that NO, I hadn't checked the box to 'Enable the
Outlook Express plugin'

So I made that adjustment (and I think the AVG guys could have made this
requirement a little clearer) and it looks like I'm now set up to fend off
virus carrying emails.

But I still don't know for sure if I am.  So if anyone wants to forward me a
buggy email, please do so.  Send to:

Put VIRUS TEST in the subject line.

This XP install is only experimental, so I don't mind if it gets trashed.
But hopefully, AVG will avoid that!

TIA
Ian Porter
Computer Guys
Arrowtown
New Zealand

From: "A&C Thompson" Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] XP and AVG

> Ian sent all four to me and McAfee Online did not detect them upon
download, in the preview pane, or
> even when I saved the attachments. I also went to
> http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_pcc.asp and it found
nothing (other than my two Eicar
> test files). It would seem either these are very stealthy viruses or
perhaps, as Don suggests,
> possible hoaxes. I did not take the extra step to open the attachments, so
I can't be certain
> they're viruses.
>
> Al Thompson

---