Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
don penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Dec 2002 02:36:02 +1000
Dianne writes:

<<We had to do a virus scan on a laptop (Compaq Presario).  It found and
deleted 39 files but apparently, a file that is needed to start any and all
programmes is missing now.  When we try to open any programme, we get the
message that the following file is missing and is needed to open files of
type "application"  .  The file is: toix".exe.  I did a search on that file
but only found reference to toix.exe.  I tried to use that one but it didn't
work.  Hope someone has an idea of a solution>>

You haven't given us much info.  I've never heard of that file---it isn't
on my system, anyway.

I'd guess that the effects of the virus(es) have not been fully removed.
Try a registry restoration--obviously from a known good registry backup
made before the system became contaminated. That should fix the problem if
it's only a simple matter of a changed File Association. But, unhappily,
most modern viruses are more subtle than that.

Otherwise, if it's a real bad virus (if you'd stated which one, and which
OS, readers may be able offer more constructive help), and the regular a-v
sites cannot remove it, you will probably need to do a reformat, or try to
run the "Restore" disk if it's that sort of computer.

With XP you might be able to use its Go-back facilities, though that too
might be disabled.

Don Penlington
Free computer tutorials at: http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
Also Fractal Galleries,  free icons,  poetry,  and beautiful Queensland beaches.

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml