Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 18:24:08 -0400
>         I had posted to PCSOFT  that I was unable to uninstall some
> programs due to their
>  "install.log" files having got deleted. One such program being yahoo
> messenger.
>         I received the suggestions:
> >   Try re-installing the program, to create a new install.log file,
> then
> > un-install it for good.
>         I tried out the above suggestion, but found that the new
> installation got removed, but the old one yet remained.
>         Any further suggestions, please?
>             Thanks                   Siva Lokanathan

How do you know it is still there?  If you're talking about the folder in
C:\Program Files, that will always be there, unless you delete it. When you
first install a program it creates a folder for itself in C:\Program Files.
Some programs will delete their folder by themselves when you uninstall them
but some don't. Yahoo is one of those that doesn't. The folder stays in the
Program Files with all the other programs you installed there. When you go
Start/Programs you get a long list (length of list depends on how many
programs installed) of all the programs that are installed on your computer.
If you check that list and don't see Yahoo Messenger there that means that
it was uninstalled and you can't run it, but it's files folder is still on
your hard drive. If you do see the Yahoo Messenger in your Start/Programs
then it is most likely the old version.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>