Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sun, 25 Jan 2004 14:20:13 +1300
I'd better not rant any more about Norton - I'll just say that whenever I remove recent Norton products from troubled computers, they run better.

However - as a qualifier, I have to say I've not run into too many problems with NAV 2000 and 2001.  In fact I've just worked on a 1Ghz W98SE pc with NAV 2000 and it runs OK.  It even found a worm that some other progs had missed.

The old Norton Utilities collection was handy for sourcing WinDoctor and SpeedDisk, though the rest of the group wasn't up to much.

And the Symantec Av site is second to none as a source of information, fixes and patches.

My main beef is with NAV from 2002 onwards - it just seems to have steadily become too clever for it's own good.  And the System Works family.........no, I said I wasn't going to rant.

Anyway, to all those folks who are running Norton progams without problems - I'm very happy for you:--))  The stuff obviously works for some people otherwise the company would go out of business.

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown
New Zealand

The NOSPIN Group
http://freepctech.com

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Will Stephenson
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Sunday, January 25, 2004 5:26 AM
  Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Does anyone like Nortons

  Hello!

  Just to add my two cents: I like Norton Anti-Virus but despise the fact that
  I have to pay US $29.95 for a year of updates. As for System Works (which
  the latest edition of PC World rated rather low), it does seem to slow some
  computers down, and in some instances, cause problems of its own. I do use
  Norton Ghost which is a good product, and would use the Anti-Virus if it
  wasn't so expensive.

  (A sigh of regret for the old Norton Utilities)

  Just another opinion...

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>