Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Emie DelRosario <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 17:05:14 -0500
I have a unique challenge and would request PCSOFT experts help.  I am a
Win98 user trying to help a friend who is a WinXP user.

A friend got carried away with Windows Update and downloaded items that
don't really apply to his system (Example: EuroConversion Tools, Journal
Viewer, .Net, etc.)  Based on my friend's info, he made the download
directly to his Windows system (I would have created a directory on my
harddrive for this kind of activity.)   He said he's been experiencing
problems and 'weird' error messages and lock-ups ever since the updates.
(Having not done any diagnostic tests to his system yet, I am not in the
position to say that it's all due to or caused by the Updates.)

 My Question:
1.  Is it safe to delete/un-install the installed Windows Updates from
Control Panel's "Remove/Install Program"?  There are a bunch of Qxxxxxx
listed and I have to find the right update item numbers.
2.  Assuming that he is right, that he downloaded the updates directly unto
his Windows program, would deleting the updates affect anything? XP
performance?

Having not done anything like this before, I would appreciate any help you
can share with me.  I need to know what I should be looking out for, should
do and shouldn't do, when removing the mentioned Updates?

TIA
Emie

Subject PC-  Intel P4  2.0 GHz System, Windows XP-Home, 512 MB memory, 80 GB
HD, iNvidia AGP