Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Twin*.*Star" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 18:59:34 -0400
I agree with you in that the L1 was increased but never did I hear that
logic at Best Buys, etc. in their sales pitch. They probably did not even
know that. But I did.

This discussion was on MMX vs non-MMX and not the L1 caches situation.

I considered it and the real world increase of less than 5% for $100~$200
and still stand by my decision/opinion. It was a nice try by intel to get
faster benchmarks for the unsuspecting customers and calling it an P MMX but
it did not work on us knowledgeable VARs who were looking out for the
customers and not for the profit.

I did not dismiss it. I only say, "Tell me how you are going to use your
puter and I will, based on real world not marketing hype, tell you which is
best for the buck." MMX vs non-MMX for $100~$200 rarely, very rarely was
appropriate.

That 5% can easily be made up and more in other areas at less than half the
cost of the MMX.

Daniel Wysocki
Twin*.*Star Computers
770-498-2582 /800-816-0663