Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Thomas Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2006 08:33:44 -0700
That warning is Microsoft telling you that they know best how to run
your computer. Your changes are OK.

There are many opinions on what are the proper settings for the virtual
memory depending on how much physical RAM (memory) you have and what you
normally use the computer for. The settings you are suggesting seem
rather high. Without a good reason to go higher, I would set the min and
max both no higher than 1000MB (they can both be set the same).

As an aside, the 256MB of RAM with Windows 98 is OK, but if you can
increase it a reasonable cost, there will be a performance improvement.

HOWEVER, based on the information you gave, I would suspect an
overheating problem. You should open the case and check for excessive
dust on any fans and heat sinks and on the case filter. Take precautions
against static electricity. If the dust is excessive, you may want to
clean it outdoors with a can of compressed air. Use Q-tips (or similar)
in the fans to keep them from spinning too quickly when blowing
compressed air on them.

I hope this helps.

Tom Mayer

[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Ok here goes, i like to play online games at hoyle.com and out of the blue i
> started freezing up in lobby chat all the time for 2/3 minutes then it
> unfreezes for several minutes and then freezes up again and this never stops, i can t
> type chat or scroll in lobby chat. So i get help holp and they say to
> manually reset v m to min - 1500mb and max 3500 mb and that solve fix my freeze ups.
> I tryed that got a pop up alert warning asking do i wish to continue cause i
> may not be able to re start my pc, yikes so i backed off of course, no changes.
> My vtual men is now set at -
>
> HD C:\ - 29663
> Min 0
> Max - no max
>
> The top line is unchangeable , i can t get a blinking cusor in the window for
> some reason , the last two are adjustable. So whats this all about and can i
> safely make changes with out chashing my pc and to what numbers and how ? Any
> ideas - fixs - this annoying problem must go - thanks so much . . i am using
> w98se - 40gigs, 256 <A HREF="http://forums.techguy.org/#">ram</A> and 1800 mzh if that helps - thanks . . .
>

> Robert Jones -  [log in to unmask]

>                The NOSPIN Group Promotions is now offering
>                  our special coffee cups and mouse pads
>               with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!
>              http://freepctech.com/goodies/promotions.shtml

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>