Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Mayer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 12:55:52 -0800
If you can get an XP installation CD disk (Toshiba should have supplied one)
you can boot from the disk. A short way into the installation process, it
will recognize that XP is already installed and give you a chance to
"repair" XP. Try "yes". The worst, if the repair does not work, is that you
will have to reinstall XP over the top of whatever is on the computer. The
only thing I've had to do after that (twice) is run "Windows Update" to
bring XP current on security from whatever was on the installation disk.
Everything else worked fine without having to reinstall anything else.

Does the Toshiba recovery disk have a "repair" function?

I hope this helps.

Tom Mayer

----- Original Message -----
From: "R. Shane" <[log in to unmask]>

I forgot to mention that I had already tried to get into safe mode. Pressing
F8 doesn't give me the screen with the options. This is a Toshiba Satellite
A45 laptop. I do have a recovery disk but that puts the laptop back where it
was at time of purchase. Would really prefer not to go that drastic.

Thank

Rob Shane