Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Will Stephenson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:37:17 -0400
"Subject: It Ain't the Clipboard - Its I.E.

Friends and Neighbors, I have been barking up the wrong tree.

I tried to copy editable text with embedded image objects FROM a Wordpad =
document and lo and behold! it went into the clipboard!  So the = clipboard
is NOT the problem.  Apparently each application program = controls how and
what it will copy to the clipboard.  This means that = the culprit is the
Internet Explorer version I am using.  It no longer = copies embedded image
objects when it copies the text that contains them = to the clipboard - it
only copies the text (and evidently some clue that = images are available on
the internet, which Word 2003 picks up).  This = change happened sometime
between my OEM HP WinXP Home and XP Home SP1.

Does anyone know whether Foxfire or any of those other browsers still = copy
editable text with embedded image objects complete to the = clipboard?  You
can tell by trying to paste the clips into Wordpad (Word =
2003 will probably still try to go get the links). "

-

One small idea that I haven't seen mentioned yet on this thread: many times,
a picture on a web site is not "really" on that web page; rather it is a
link to another place where the picture resides. So if you try to copy a
page of text and pictures, you might only get a link to where the picture
actually lives. I tested around a bit, and found sites that would allow the
pictures to travel along with the text, and others that didn't. Anna, have
you tried lots of sites and found their clipboard behavior the same?

My understanding of the way the clipboard works is that it faithfully puts
out what you put into it: the problem is knowing what you put in.

Best,

Will Stephenson
Acadia Technologies Inc.
[log in to unmask]" target="_blank">http:[log in to unmask]

There are as many paths to God as there are people to walk them.

                       http://freepctech.com/rode