Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"~~**Sue Gasso**~~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 Jan 2004 12:47:53 -0600
This happened to me, too. I could save with the proper extension then all of
a sudden, all that would be offered to me would be .bmp.

I'm thinking it may be that my program is too full - I have TONS of posts on
there that I need to delete.

In Internet Explorer, when this happens, if you delete the temporary
Internet files, it goes back to saving images correctly.

But still having this problem in Outlook.

Sue

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Don Penlington
Sent: Saturday, January 24, 2004 6:36 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] bitmap only option for saving graphics?

Rebecca writes:

<<When I try to right click on a graphic to save it ....
 > it saves it as a bitmap item without giving me the choice for JPG for
example>>

In my experience, IE saves graphics in whatever form they are originally.
But practically no website would place bitmaps on their site, as they are
usually far too large.

Check the size of the pix you are copying. Chances are, they are really
.jpg's, perhaps they are just getting wrongly labelled.  Bitmaps would
generally take ages to download, they would typically be well over 200 kb in
size, whereas a comparable .jpg would be around 20-30 Kb, depending on the
nature of the pix you are downloading.

Try renaming one to .jpg and see if your picture viewer (Irfanview is the
usual choice) still recognises it as such.

I'm assuming ALL your picture downloads follow the pattern you describe, and
that the problem is not confined to just one site.

Don Penlington
 From the beach at Surfers Paradise.
http://www.geocities.com/donaldpen/
for sunny Queensland photos, fractal art, free computer tutorials, and more.

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>

                     visit our download web page at: