Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
At Neethling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2000 11:34:14 +0200
We have a number of PC's running Windows NT, used by rather inexperienced
users.  Due to the fact the Office files are open to virus activities, we
want to do daily backups of the users' data, by zipping the data files and
storing them on a file server.  The whole process has to be automatic and
the user not even be aware of what is going on.  At the moment we have an
entry in the Windows start-up procedure, which runs the following batch
file

@echo off
d:
cd \#data\zips

rem  First delete all the old files and rename the previous files
del myname2.zip
rename myname.zip myname2.zip

rem  Now create the new backup
pkzip2 -a -R myname d:\#data\word\*.*
pkzip2 -a -R myname d:\#data\excel\*.*

rem  Copy file to server
xcopy myname.zip p:\backup\myname.zip /Y

The problem with this procedure is that the user can loose a whole day's
work if something goes wrong.  We would like to run the batch file during
shutdown.  Unfortunately the process cannot be automated, using the
scheduler, since passwords for the server connection are changed at regular
intervals.  We also would prefer to use a single action that will perform
the backup and then shutdown the PC.

My question thus:  Is it possible to have a single action (button) which
the user can activate, which will run the backup batch file and then
shutdown the PC?

Thanks in advance

At Neethling
Cape Town, where the fires are all still burning!

                         The NOSPIN Group, Inc.
                  http://nospin.com - http://nospin.org