Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
alan smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 08:00:18 -0400
I've had so many crashes that I now have a 10Gb drive for "C" and an 80Gb partitioned into 3 drives for DOCUMENTS, AUDIO and VIDEOS. Thanks to PCsoft I found out how to put my documents on a separate drive and with "C" on a small drive, if I get a crash, I only lose my "C" and nothing else. Thanks to all PCsoft members.   AL SMITH

"Andrew J. Rozsa" <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Thank you, Thomas. I am learning as fast as I can. Until now I was a
happy user, but I got bitten by the build-your-own bug.

I already printed out the manual for the MoBo, so I was following
your reply looking at the picture of it.

You make perfect sense.

First, I won't run the externals full time.

Secondly, I think I will upgrade to 1, max 2, much larger drives to
replace 4 or 5 of the 120 Gig ones, keeping the box cooler that way
(I am told Samsungs run nice and quiet and cool).

Any experience with the round IDE/floppy cables? I feel tempted to
replace all the ribbons to allow more air movement. I have had the
box running  with the cover off and it sure feels like there is a lot
of heat coming from the chip and the drives. Maybe it's my imagination.

Thanks, Thomas. I am grateful.

Andrew

At 8/27/2006 10:49 PM, you wrote:

 >Andrew J. Rozsa wrote:
 >> I have 4 external (1394) enclosures with Maxtor drives in them (120GB)..
 >> My experience with external boxes has not been very good. Eventually
 >> they all seem to fail. The drives seem to be OK, once I remove them and
 >> put them inside a desktop box. Maybe I am buying cheap enclosures.
 >
 >The usual culprit in external USB/Firewire enclosures that kill drives
 >is heat.  They simply don't move enough air across the drive surface to
 >cool it properly.  Especially under extended use.
[......]

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml

Checked by AVG Free Edition.