Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
TROY L MOWDY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 13:19:28 -0500
From: "Demetri Kolokotronis" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Internet Explorer 5.0 Temporary Files/Folders

> As I posted, I have the four subject subfolders of Windows, Temporary
> Internet Files, Content IE5, but they are empty. Jan says there are
> thousands of files in her subfolders.
ANSWER:
I have not heard from any of my coustemers with thousands, only a few
hundred to maybe 1500.

> Do you have files in your subfolders, or are they empty? If not empty, do
> you have few files in them, or do you have thousands of files in them as
> does Jan? Did you delete the subfolders, or the files in them? Were the
> subfolders remade on reboot, or the files in them, or both?
ANSWER:
I have several hundred files in them all rangeing from cookies to items I
access through explorer.
They are repeated but in different order on every other file. Some items
from O2K are also in their.
I deleted the folders through dos and they were not on the computers until
reboot and then they were empty until
I opened up IE and it loaded the cookies etc, from the temp/internet and
windows temp,cookies,etc, back up to several hundred(500+). These folders
are not evident in IE5 and below only in 5.01 and above.

> The subfolders do not bother me, as they are empty, but Jan may be
> interested in your reply clarifying the above.

IN SUMMARY:
She may be able to go to the windows update site and uninstall IE if it
shows their and then do a reinstall afterwards. That would also be a way if
she can not uninstall through the add/remove programs. Their are many
extreme measures you can go through to rid yourself of these files but are
very complex and without the computer in front of me I would not even to
attempt to guide someone through the many steps and reboots required to get
rid of the files in the folders. I have tried to walk my customers thru this
on the phone and unless they know their computer very, very well 99% will
end up doing a reformat and install of the OS. People have complained about
the files for a long time and as I said their is nothing the everyday person
needs to worry about.  They are completely safe and do not cause system
crashes or slow downs as far as we can tell.
Hope this answers your questions.

Troy L Mowdy
Adviser/TLM PRODUCTIONS

                     visit our download web page at: