Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
John Dent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Oct 2004 04:53:30 -0700
Carol,

When I recommended that you remove NAV perhaps I overstated the reasons to
remove it. Norton Anti Virus is a very effective virus fighting
program.  Unless you do  performance tests to see how fast your programs
are running before and after installing NAV, you might not notice any
difference. As programs are added to Windows your computer's operations do
slow down. Because this happens very slowly like the hour hand of a clock
advancing, you may not notice the slowdown. In my case there is a slight
performance hit with NAV. When bundled with Norton Systemworks the
performance hit is much bigger.

Because there are many factors influencing the speed of your computer you
may not notice this at all.  In the case of Avast I have found no
performance hit and since having two good AV programs installed is
redundant, I do not use NAV any longer. I have tried trials of many
different AV programs in the past including McAfee and AVG. Overall I find
Avast the best of them all. Also here is another reason why I think as I
do. Symantec software programs have rules and nags that demand you update
and I do not like any company trying to make me buy the update when the one
I already own makes me happy.

I don't think that you should rely on one opinion like mine. I hope that
others will answer this email and give their opinions, pro or con.

J. Dent