Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Alan S. Harrell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 12:53:47 -0600
At 10:49 AM 11/29/98 -0700, Alan Bentley wrote:

>        I have a friend that is having an ongoing problem with someone
hacking
>into his computer.
>This is being done remotely.  The main programs he uses is ICQ,  e-mail,
>and such.  Does anyone know of any good sources of information I can use to
>research this.  There are many hacker sites out there,  but I am having
>trouble narrowing down my search to this specific problem.  Any ideas would
>be greatly appreciated.

ICQ has several known security issues...

Encourage your friend to visit the security pages of the ICQ site,
where he can learn, among other things, how to configure his ICQ's
security preferences as well as security advice from the ICQ FAQ:

http://www.icq.com/security.html

In the meantime, advise your friend to only run his ICQ when he is
in attendance of his computer.

If your friend is using the new, but not officially released ICQ
version 99a, then you might advise him to switch back to 98b until
v.99 is officially released.  The 99a's out there were in effect,
"black marketware" and not yet offically sanctioned by Mirabilis.

Alan

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: