Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Ekkerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2012 21:00:14 -0500
Hi Lew,

Thanks for the feedback - very useful.

So ,it looks like System Restore is enabled on C:\ ,but it's not accessible for you

to set a Restore Point nor to do a System restore.

This is from the weird and wacky world of computer experiences.

If things happen fairly suddenly , it could be due to several reasons (as usual).

Malware infection, AV- or anti-malware protection,  Microsoft Updates

and installation of drivers or programs among others.

The first 2 may sound contradictory ,but it wouldn't be the first time that a protection

program restricts access to certain vital system areas.

Very often ,a sudden change can be undone by doing a System Restore,

which in your case isn't possible.

Things to check in addition to what I suggested before:

Run an anti-malware scan. Malwarebytes is good for that.

Check your AV program settings and also your existing anti-malware program

for settings that might affect access.

You may also try to temp. disable AV protection ,but disconnect from internet though.

Try the method in below link

http://www.askvg.com/fix-system-restore-point-creation-configuration-disabled-by-group-policy-or-system-administrator/

I'm assuming that you run Win7 Home Premium  64 bit ,since it's becoming

the most used version of Win7 for home users.

On the page it mentions Group Policy Editor ,but that's not available for Home Premium,

so you may have to resort to the Registry method.

However ,there is a download for the .reg file on that page to do the same job.

Double click it and approve Merge with Registry.

If denied ,try right-click and RunAs Admin.

Apart from all this , Win7 has an excellent list of options available for repair.

Access to this is via the boot menu ,which you get to by tapping F8 on bootup.

Try Safe Mode.This runs under the main Admin account and then try accessing

System Restore.

Under Repair My Computer you'll find a list of options including System Restore.

Unfortunately ,this one cannot be undone ,unlike a normal System Restore,

but if it works you may be able to go back to before the trouble started.

I would use this option as one of the last choices.

Lets hope you'll find the culprit or resolve this dilemma.

Peter E.