Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Bob Wright <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Nov 1998 12:39:04 -0700
At 10:49 AM 11/29/98 , Alan Bentley wrote:
>        Hello Everyone,
>
>        I have a friend that is having an ongoing problem with someone hacking
>into his computer.
>This is being done remotely.  The main programs he uses is ICQ,  e-mail,
>and such.  Does anyone know of any good sources of information I can use to
>research this.  There are many hacker sites out there,  but I am having
>trouble narrowing down my search to this specific problem.  Any ideas would
>be greatly appreciated.

Alan,

You have not given us enough information to advise you on this issue.

In order to access or hack/crack/phreak into a computer the violator
would need to know the IP address of the system, (that is assuming that
the system is a PC with standard internet access.
  Does this system have a static IP?
  Is this system a client or user machine vs. an Internet server?
  What is the operating system?
  What is the software used to setup the Internet connection?
  If it is a standard client machine is he using gateway/proxy software or
     accessing the internet via a gateway or proxy?
  Is this system connected to the internet using a conventional ISP, a
  corporate LAN or some other Internet feed?

You really need to give us more information.

There are a myraid of ways to track down a violator...  and a great many
ways to close off access to the system from outside access.

Bob Wright  -   The NOSPIN GROUP
   [log in to unmask]   -   http://nospin.com
Listserv Owner   PCBUILD  -  PCSOFT
                          PC-PDA  -   I-GAMES

         The PCSOFT web site always needs good submissions.  If
               software tech tips or software reviews to: