Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 13:40:13 +0200
From: "David Hurst" <[log in to unmask]>

> In preparing for installing XP on my HP Pavilion 9694, AMD Athlon
> 800mhz, 40gb HD system; I saw in the install instructions that Fat32
> supports only up to 32GB drives.  What happens to the rest of my 40GB
> drive..???  Thought I better be sure before I do the upgrade.

Not true - FAt can linit only partition size not disk size.  Technically
FAT32 can
support up to 2TB partitions but this is very impractical.
32GB is optimal compromize with speed and disk usage. Possibly Windows
XP installation program limits it.

Disk sizes like 40GB is good use multiple partitions. For example first for
system files
(isntallation files and Windows) - for Win2k about 4-5GB - for Windows XP I
think
10 GB.   Optionally one partition only for swap file 1-2GB. Rest space split
to 32GB
or less partions.

As Windows XP supports NTFS it is good use it if you need accsess your disk
directly
from DOS using multiboot or floppy as WinXP not supports boot to DOS.
Still i would think use separate partition for system.

Toomas

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml