Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ray Parrish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:21:28 -0800
Hello,

I have been Googling for over an hour, in an attempt to see if I could
find any information related to your issues with Jaws. Unfortunately,
there were very few links that had anything to do with troubleshooting
jaws. I didn't even know what Jaws was when I first read your post.

I only found two postings on forums that related to sound issues with
Jaws, and both of them were for problems with sound card drivers needing
to be updated, for Jaws to work properly with a Creative Labs
Soundblaster card.

There was one post which said Jaws took over twenty minutes to start up
for them, and the only advice given, was to check to see if other
programs starting up at boot time were causing the slowdown. This is a
possibility for your problem, but still does not address the strange
noises it makes.

You could try checking Event Viewer to see if any errors are being
registered, and if there are any, they may point to further steps to
diagnose the problem. To start Event Viewer go to Start, Run, and type
in eventvwr.msc then hit enter to start the program. Unfortunately it
uses icons to flag the events which are considered errors or warnings
instead of text, so you will have to go through the list of entries one
at a time to find those which are considered errors.

On each entry in the list, you need to right click the entry, and then
select Properties from the pop up context menu, which will give you a
description of what that entry is about. I'm hoping you have a sighted
friend who can help you with this so the process won't take so long.

Note any error messages, and then post back here with their
descriptions. It might also be helpful to post details about your
operating system version, sound card brand and model, and the version of
Jaws you are using.

Unless you have been installing and removing a large number of programs,
or creating and moving or deleting many large data files of some type or
other, I doubt that your system will be suffering from a large enough
amount of fragmentation to cause performance issues.

I've just Googled you notebook model, and read the specifications, and
it looks like a quite capable system with a 1.6 ghz processor speed, 2
GBs of ram, and a 160 GB hard drive. The sound card is listed as an
Intel HD Audio. Your video card is an INTEL GMA X3100 with 358 MB of
memory, so it also should be able to handle your requirements easily.
They do say that the speakers are a bit tinny on high frequencies, and
that the bass could be better, and have rated them as average.

The one thing they do not mention anywhere in the review is which
operating system is on it, so I'll leave that up to you to provide.

That's all the help I can be at this juncture without more information
to go on, so I'll wait to see if you find any errors in Event Viewer.

Later, Ray Parrish

--
Trouble shooting and Fixing Windows

                   messages? Visit our staff web site: