Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jamie Buchanan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:34:54 -0400
You need to buy a cable router.  I bought a 4 port Linksys cable/DSL
router/hub and it works great.  You should be able to set up the network
without buying extra IP addresses.  Most cable companies don't support
this configuration.  They only want you to install it on 1 computer.  It
works great on a home network though.

Jamie Buchanan

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robert Racki
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 3:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Trying to network a cable modem

I just  got digital tv and cable internet.   The
problem is the company wont help network at all the
two computers I am trying to network.  Two windows 98
SE computers running rj-45 cable to a 4 port hub.  The
Cable modem runs fine plugged into either of the
computers but when it is plugged into the hub it
doesnt work.  The modem came with no software to
actually look for the modem.  We had to go through the
company we went with which is cox in Rhode island and
buy another ip address for the computers to connect
and it still does not work though the hub.

Is there something I am missing.  We connected it so
all the settings match the settings they gave us.

Robert Racki Jr.