Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Toomas Piibe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2003 15:48:45 +0300
From: "Don Penlington" <[log in to unmask]>

> One of my favourite programs in my old computer (Win95) was Fractint, a
> wonderful piece of software for creating and manipulating fractals, which
> runs in dos.
>
> Now, on my new computer with XP pro, 256 Mb RAM, Celeron2000, I can no
> longer run it.

It is because Fractint uses direct access to video memory. Under NT line OS
don't allow application to access directly to hardware. For standard
resolution
has emulation so you can use 640x480 256color mode (SF5).

There was NT port of  19.6 but page are no longer available.

Fractint for Windows - Winfract 18.21 works under XP.
http://www.fractint.org

On XP I prefer Fractal Forge or Flarium24.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/fractalforge/
http://www.eclectasy.com/Iterations-et-Flarium24/software/
Also see TieraZone  .Same page as Flarium24.

Info over 80 freeware fractal generators
http://www.fractovia.org/fractal_generators/index.shtml

Toomas

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml