Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Nov 2005 00:43:57 -0800
  This can result from bottlenecks in the system and other performance
issues.  Whether it can be repaired or not depends on whether these problems
are being encountered during recording (bad news) or just playback.
  More RAM and faster CPU might help, but there may be things you can do to
reduce competition for these resources.  These include shutting down
unneeded additional programs and services, and increasing the priority of
the video application.  [There are numerous online guides to which services
can be safely shut down.  Process priorities can be adjusted within the Task
Manager.]
  Faster hard drives can help, too.  UltraATA or SATA provide better
throughput than plain old EIDE, and I've been buying drives with an 8 MB
buffer instead of the 2 MB that was common until recently.  You can also
eliminate a lot of background housekeeping by setting a fixed swap file size
instead of letting Windows grow and shrink it.

David Gillett

On 3 Nov 2005 at 14:13, Mick Fitzpatrick wrote:

> Hello
>
> I use a fairly basic compaq desktop to record TV programmes. 800 mhz P3, 256
> Ram, capture card, Radeon 700 graphics.
>
> When I play the mpegs back the lip-voice sync is always out of sequence. My
> questions are:
>
> Can I prevent it?
> Can I repair it .. if yes what is the most cost effective software to do it?
>
> TIA ... Mick

                 our special coffee cups and mouse pads
              with the PCSOFT logo...  at a great price!!!