Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Hahnel, Winfried (W.A.)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 1999 13:26:50 -0400
MMtask refers to a background operation that occurs using an "MWAVE" modem.
These modems cause many problems including those you mention.  I have the
same computer and removed the MWAVE modem and sound card and purchased
separate modem and sound card for about $80 US total.   The MWAve combo
causes WIN95 to run slower also.  If you already removed the MWAVE modem,
you MUST use the MWAVE REMOVE program that comes with the MWAVE software
(located on disk 1 of the software - this removes MANY entries in your .ini
files and config.sys and autoexec.bat files)   Please EMAIL me if have any
other concerns.

Thanks for your time,
Fred Hahnel

-----Original Message-----
From: George Issa [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 1999 7:01 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Mmtask Problem

To Whom It May Concern:

I desperately need help. I am using an IBM Aptiva M40, the CPU has been
upgraded from 75Mhz to 166. Ram from 8 to 40. Windows 3.1 upgraded to
Windows 95. Modem upgraded to 33.6 from 28.8. with a second hard drive
(1.2gigs added, same capacity as original). Office 97 and a multitude of
software programs are installed including the original ones which I am
unable to remove because it renders the machine nonfunctional when I try to
remove them, due to the upgrade from 3.1 to 95.

My problem is, the machine functions perfect for a few days and then
problems start, which I will describe the details. The glitches appear and
disappear in a few days.

The machine starts to slow down noticeably and the modem looses the
connection, when I hit Ctrl,Alt+Delete the dialogue box shows  "Mmtask not
responding" I then end the task and the machine freezes I have to
disconnect the power and reboot, everything then functions until I
disconnect the modem, and the same occurs and the intervals are approx. two
to three weeks without a problem then approx. a week with the problem.
Thorough scan of the drives shows no errors, sometimes that will fix the
problem others it does not. I have asked my ISP for help to no avail, I
consulted with IBM to no avail and  have consulted with Microsoft to no
avail, now I come to you! Please help. No one seems to know what Mmtask is,
some have referred to the Microsoft task bar and have no valid answers or
solutions.

If any additional information is needed please contact me and Thank You for
the anticipated assistance in solving this problem.

George Issa

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                    http://nospin.com/pc/pcsoft.html