Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Anne Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 15:38:20 +1030
Hi all,

I run Win98SE on my computer.

Until last week, I was happily using Thunderbird as my email client.

Suddenly, Thunderbird is taking a long time to open.

The Inbox which contains around 310 emails (I manually counted them) shows a count of 62,235 and rises as it refreshes itself or whatever, and I cannot download new emails automatically or by clicking on the get mail icon. Even File- Get New Messages For- Get All New Messages does not work. The Inbox email count seems to climb every time I go from Inbox to Trash and back.

Deleting emails from the Inbox is a hit or miss affair. Sometimes hitting the delete key will do it, sometimes clicking on the delete icon will work, sometimes right clicking on the email concerned and then clicking on Delete Message will work, sometimes not.

I have uninstalled the program, downloaded a new file from Mozilla and reinstalled and the same thing is happening.

I then gave up and tried Opera.

When installing Opera, it asked if I wanted to import the inbox from Thunderbird. I said yes, and 300 odd emails came across. Now the count is up to 4307, the oldest dating from the 9th of September. The oldest message in Thunderbird was October. The earlier ones were those that had been deleted weeks before!

I am now back to using Outlook Express..sigh..

I have run Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition  8 -  Virus definition file 10/26/05 rev 7., SpyBot Search and Destroy and Adaware and nothing untoward was found.

All suggestions will be greatfully received. I feel exposed when I use Outlook Express.

Anne Smith

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml