Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Tom Mayer SC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 11:40:16 -0800
Your question is rather broad stroke and may take several inputs to
resolve. I'll respond with what I might do to correct any problems.

First, I assume that basically the computer is booting successfully and
starting XP successfully. Second, I assume that you have identified the
only issues in paragraph 7. Have you found any other issues? Third, I
assume that you tried to restore to the latest restore point. Fourth,
assuming the foregoing is correct, calm down as there does not appear to
be any major problem(s).

I would try restore again, but I would try an earlier restore point.

If that does not help, I would list the issues and try to repair each
one separately.

I've seen posts concerning losing the ability to link in Outlook Express
and apparently it is correctable. I do not use OE, so others will need
to give you suggestions.

I am not quite sure what "reloaded" means in Windows Media Player. I
would uninstall and reinstall the program.

If IE simply lost its history, it should create a new one as you use it.
If IE will not retain any new history, then that is an issue on which
others can give suggestions since I do not use IE.

I hope you get this all corrected. Sorry I can not be of more assistance.

Tom

On 2/23/2010 4:18 AM, Mikee Pearson wrote:
> I use Windows XP SP3. I think I accidentally changed a registry. I do not understand this but I have a feeling it isn't a good thing.
>
> I was searching my hard drive and I think I opened something that I should not have. It happened so quickly; I didn't quite read what happened. I was "clicking" away. Something came up with a question, I don't know what, and I guess I answered yes. Like I said, it happened so fast because I was not paying close attention to what I was doing. I do remember seeing something about Spybot S&D, which I do use.
>
> I also tried to go back and see if I could find that icon that I had mistakenly opened and now cannot find it. I was searching my hard drive for any recipes containing beer, of all things. I saw these two icons that were not Word and was curious about them. Every other file that came up was a Word file. That's when the problem started. I went to open something near them and that's when I must have opened it.
>
> I also use Win Patrol and something came up about a change and panicking about what I had done, I denied it. Now I can't quite remember what it was. I am almost positive it has something to do with "dll", whatever that is.
>
> I tried to do a "System Restore" and for some reason when the computer restarted, it stated that it was incomplete and didn't work.
>
> I thought about deleting and reloading Spybot, but I am so stressed and don't quite understand what I did and what I am doing.
>
> So far, here are some problems I am aware of... in Outlook Express I cannot open any links / Windows Media Player comes up stating that it has to be reloaded / when using Internet Explorer, it does not display the list of "recent pages". I can go back to the previous "page" using the arrow but I cannot see the list.
>
> I scanned the registry using CCleaner and saw a lot of "dll" results but I did not "fix it". I also ran Spybot S&D without any problems, just to see if Spybot was still working.
>
> I am not computer literate and do not know anyone who can help me. I would really appreciate any feedback. I need to restart my computer and do some weekly computer maintenance but I won't since I don't know if that will make matters worse.
>
> In the past, I have submitted questions and received very helpful information. Thank you very much for all your help.

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                    http://freepctech.com/staff.shtml