Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Ron Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 05:14:35 -0600
A quick Google search reveals it is a hoax
(http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/jdbgmgr.exe.file.hoax.html).

A different AV program says that this file MAY be used to transmit a virus,
but in an infected state its icon is no longer the the grey teddy bear
(http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/articles/jdbgmgr.html).

Normal AV software should find the W32... worm mentioned in the second
article.  Scan your system and trust the results.

HTH,
Ron Jobe

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob McEwan" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, December 27, 2002 4:37 AM
Subject: [PCSOFT] Virus warning

Listers, Today I received this virus warning The virus ( Called jdbgmgr.exe)
is not
detected by Norton or MacAfee anti-virus system.  This virus sits quietly
for 14 days
before damaging the system.  It is sent automatically by messenger and the
address
book whether or not you send e-mails to your contacts. The virus has a grey
teddy bear
icon with the name jdbgmgr.exe DO NOT OPEN IT Go to Edit (on the menu bar)
and
choose 'select all' to highlight the file without opening it. Now go to
'file' (on the menu
bar) and select DELETE.   It will then go the recycle bin Go to the recycle
bin and
delete it there as well.
  I have found the file , as described in Windows\ system folder but have
not yet deleted
it as I have seen a number of such warnings reported on this list which have
been
hoaxes. Please can someone advise!
        Cheers......................Bob McEwan
- -