Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
lscroggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Mar 2003 09:40:26 -0700
> Date:    Sat, 1 Mar 2003 21:50:36 -0500
> From:    Marv Trott <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Transferring Files MAC to PC
>
> Hi,
>
> I have a neighbor who has been using files written in Microsoft Word,
> Microsoft Excel, and Claris Works on a MAC and wants to transfer these
> files to a PC.
>
> Is this possible? If so what methods can be used?
>
> Thanks for any help.
>
> Marv
>
> Marv Trott

Marv
I use  Windows at home and a Mac at work and frequently transfer MS Office
files between the machines with no problems. MS Office programs will
recognize either format. ClarisWorks/AppleWorks files also transfer easily.
The only caveat is that the files saved on the Mac must be saved with a
extension so Windows can recognize them. Mac OS X will do this automatically
but in OS 9 or older you must include the extension in the file name. e. g.
a document created in MS Office for Mac named "Document" will not be
recognized by MS Office in Windows but if you name it "Document.doc" it will
be recognized and opened. A Mac can read it either with or without the
extension. The physical transfer of the documents can be accomplished  on
any media that both machines can read. e. g. floppy disk, Zip disk, CD-ROM,
mail attachment, etc. HTH

Larry
Larry Scroggs
El Paso, Texas, USA