Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Vince Teachout <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 20:04:59 -0400
At 05:53 PM 7/10/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Hopefully someone can assist me ref the following,
>
>I have read numerous items of "bad press" regarding the "Evidence
>Eliminator" software programme and the dubious marketing methods used by
>its owners. Can anyone advise regarding this product and also explain to
>me how, when visiting their website, and despite having Norton Internet
>Security ( with firewall ) installed on my PC, they were able to display
>my IP Address and ISP details on the web page.

You can read more about them then you ever want to know if you go to any of
the alt.privacy newsgroups.  Basically, it's been shown that it's an
inferior product to begin with, and their advertising and methods of
persuading you to buy range from nasty to ridiculously pathetic.

Your IP address is available to any web browser or server (it has to be,
for you to receive stuff)    Given that, it's relatively simple to do a
whois on the ip address to get the domain name.   Also, your browser freely
gives out your name, if you have it set in the user information (by design
- not some sinister plot)   In short, it's simple to get your ip address
and ISP info.

>Also are there any decent free programmes out there that will do a similar
>job as I am not too keen on using Evidence Eliminator

Try the latest freeware version of PGP (Pretty Good Privacy)  The toolbar
has a wipe file and wipe deleted files option.