Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Hal Trachtenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Jun 2000 22:04:21 -0400
What this is telling you is the amount of memory available in the swap file.
Now since you have 128mb Ram, your swap file should reflect that . For
example, I too have 128mb Ram, but I have a video card built in to my board
and that shares 4mb of Ram with Windows, which leaves me with 124mb Ram
available. The size of my swap file is 123mb (swap file is usually off by
about 1-2mb). Basically what this is saying is that I haven't had to use any
of the swap file yet. In your case it would seem that your swap file is
being used because since you have 128mb Ram, the size of the file should be
just as mine is, yet it is much smaller. I don't know what programs you have
running or how many but something there is gobbling up all your Ram and
causing your swap file to be used, or, there is a problem with your Windows
memory management and it is not reporting the right size.  Was the setting
for the virtual memory ever changed? You can check this by right clicking My
Computer and selecting properties, then the Performance tab on the top. Now
click on the Virtual memory button at the bottom and see what is selected.
If the second option is selected "Let me specify my own.........., then
change it to the first option to let Windows manage the virtual memory. If
this option is already selected then it could be, as I stated above, that
your swap file is in use, or there's a problem with the way Windows is
managing your memory. You can select the second option, to specify your own
settings, by multiplying the amount of Ram you have by 2.5. So if you have
128mb Ram (128 x 2.5=320) then 320 would be what you would put as your
minimum and maximum. You can try this if you see that the "Let Windows
manage....." option is selected and you want to change it. If you see that
the "Let me specify..." is already selected when you first check it, then
change it to let windows manage it, since this is recommended.

I have a Gateway Select 750, 30GB HD, 128MB Ram, Windows 98SE, IE5, OE.  I
am puzzled about the size of a file in Windows named Win386.swp.   I know it
is a swap file, but the size ranges from 73,000KB to 90,000KB.  Is this
normal?  Seems like an astonishing size to me. I have tried to find
information on it in the Windows Knowledge Base, but can't seem to find
anything that tells me why it is so huge.

I am having ongoing problems with system resources.  Received help from this
site and have taken off all the recommended programs that were running in
startup.  It has helped some - I now have 72-83% free where it was 54%.  I
am wondering if this GoBack WildFile is causing resource problems (and maybe
this Win386 file to be so large).  If so, I am considering removing it.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA,

Barbara Allen

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: