Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"LeFave, John" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:35:47 -0600
Ian;

I just had this same problem in Win98SE. I had to go to Microsoft.com and
download and install a newer version of internet explorer. It fixed the
problem immediately.

john

-----Original Message-----
From: Ian [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2004 4:58 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] VM - how to add it?

My wife just observed that a website on my computer, which displayed a
sidebar full of clickable links, showed up on her otherwise identical XP Pro
machine without the links.

All that she saw in the same place on her machine was the ubiquitous little
red X.

A quick check of her IE security settings via:

IE\Tools\Internet Options\Security\(any site)\Custom Level

revealed that her computer is missing the entire 'Microsoft VM' section of
these settings.

On my PC I have a section that looks like this:

Microsoft VM
    Java permissions
        Custom
        Disable Java
        High Safety
        Low Safety
        Medium Safety

On her PC this section is missing completely.

I got her to go to Windows Update, but the site-check didn't indicate that
she was missing anything.  And running the command 'jview' on her machine
brought an 'unknown command' response whereas on mine it got a page of
details on the version number.

Can anyone suggest how I can remedy this situation?

TX

Ian Porter
Computer Guys Inc.
Arrowtown