Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jody Free <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Mar 2006 02:49:46 -0600
Robert G. Heinritz, Jr., J.D. wrote:

>Dear Gang,
>
>    I was told you might be able to give me some pointers for problems I'm having with my new system.  My HP-laptop (Windows-98) died.  I'd backed up and saved all my working files - primarly business letters, contracts, and articles I've written and published.  I picked up a used Gateway laptop (Pentium 4 Mobile 1.6, 256MB, 11GB-HD) with Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2002.
>
>    I got pretty comfortable with Windows-98.  I'm having a lot of difficulity finding or using the same functions on this new system.  I added annotations in blue (below)  to indicate progress.  I am severely unimpressed with Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2002.
>

>In order of importance, my current "issues" are:
>
>    1. ENVELOPES????  I can't seem to get the system to print envelopes for my business-letters.  With my old Windows-98 I simply clicked on "Tools," clicked on "envelopes & labels," then followed the (very easy) prompts to create and print the envelopes as I wished.  The system automatically picked up the inside address from my letter (in the format I'd selected earlier) and automatically inserted it into the envelope format.
>    With this so-called "improved" Microsoft Windows XP Professional 2002 no such function apparears to exist.  I blundered around a little, found by clicking "Insert," and then clicking on "Envelopes," there was a function which apparently creates an envelope as a seperate document.  I blundered some more and created an envelop-document, with my return address, and the addressee's name & address hand-copied on it with the "copy" and "paste" functions.  Unweildy, but at least it looked like it would do.  Unfortunately;
>        (a) It will not pick up the address from the letter - I must use the copy & paste function,
>        (b) It will not preserve the envelop-format as I adapted it for new envelopes - I have to change it each time, (Finally figured a way to do this.  Very counter-intuitive.  Stupid, actually.)
>        (c) WORSE AND MOST IMPORTANT, no matter what I do, I cannot get the program to adjust the printer-alignment to print the envelop from the right-side of the feeder - the only way this printer can function for an envelope-printing.  I have tried every alternative I can find under "printer" and "alignment."  It prints only from the LEFT side of the feeder - OK for printing on an 8-1/2" X 11" paper - but NOT functional for printing envelopes on my printer.  ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (By trial and error I finally found a way to do this.  It is totally inconsistant with what one would expect, and it requires about three-times more steps than Windows-98 required.  Can't say I'm impressed with this "new & improved" software.)

> [...]
Definitely need to invest in Microsoft Office Small Business Edition
(has Word, Excel, and Outlook). As for Win98, it is definitely not as
stable, easy to use, nor as secure as Win XP. You will have to re-enter
all you addresses, unfortunately. Check out this link to avoid this
problem in the future.
Shortcut to:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011127411033.aspx

                     visit our download web page at: