Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 19:01:11 -0700
Since you know about the draw tool lets use that one. The
shift/underline step you described is doing some kind of auto finish.
You might be able to stop the auto finish if after you do the
shift/underline/return press the escape key and sometimes not. :-)

Anyway, I have not use 97 for a good while. I use 2000 and I know they
changed the way graphics worked between the two versions. Try this. In
your document move the blinking cursor to where you want the text under
the line. With the keyboard arrow key move the blinking cursor up one
line. Try to draw the line using the draw tool/shiftkey some where
around the top of the blinking cursor. See what happens when you  hit
return. If  your blinking cursor appears and moves down then 97 works
like 2000. If it moved the line click contol/z to take the step away and
use your mouse to click on the line where you wanted the text. The
blinking cursor should appear on the blank line below the drawn line so
you can type text I hope. :-)

Myra Drew wrote:

>In a message dated 8/18/2003 9:03:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>[log in to unmask] writes:
>

>>Not knowing which Word you are using and I don't know which Word this
>>became standard in, you can hold down the shift key and draw a line
>>using the drawing tools or you can hold down the shift key and tap the
>>dash key and after the number of taps you think is the right size for
>>the line Word will make a solid line out of it.
>>
>>Myra Drew wrote:
>>

>>>How does one make a signature line to be printed on a legal document, say a
>>>will to be signed later. The line should allow the person's name to be
>>>

>>typed
>>

>>>underneath the line. Thank you. Myra Drew
>>>

>I am using MSWord '97., Windows XP.  When I make a line with the drawing
>device, shown as a slanted line on the bottom of the screen, I hit return, and the
>line moves down, not letting me type the name under it. When I hit the Shift
>key and the underline , it makes a line, but then when I hit return, it
>extends the line all the way across, into a line. Thanks for trying to help. Myra
>Drew
>
>             Do you want to signoff PCSOFT or just change to
>                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
>                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com