Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 16:52:37 -0800
Demetri ,
ON DEMAND means manually or at preset intervals. You demand something to
happen now or at some pre-determined point in the future and it
occurs...that IS on demand.  What you are asking for is a memory defrager
that will work when your physical memory gets low....when it needs it. This
is precisely the way MemTurbo works in automatic mode. You set it for say
15 megs of free physical ram  and when it gets down that low it will defrag
your memory and attempt to recover as much as possible while plugging
memory leaks and attempting to remove old dll s from closed programs.

So when does it need it ? There is no right or wrong times to do this. You
must tell MemTurbo how low to let things go before it runs. There is a
possibility of creating a unstable system when defraging ram as well as
corrupting data. A certain level that works well on one system doesn't work
on another.

These memory utilities and defragers should not be run that often to begin
with. I have tried a number of these RAM enhancements over the years and I
have yet to notice any significant difference. If you are experiencing
memory problems then the solution is to add more RAM. After all, 128 megs
of Micron P-100 can be had for as little as 84 U.S. dollars. Install 250
megs of RAM in your PC and forget about software solutions.

>MemTurbo, as does all the ram boosters I know, boosts
>"automatically AT USER DETERMINED INTERVALS". I'm looking
>for a ram booster that "responds automatically ON DEMAND". That
>is the deficiency I've found in ram boosters. They only activate
>manually or at set intervals.
>
>Demetri Kolokotronis

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html