Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Harry Lichtbach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Aug 2007 22:18:53 -0700
Consumer Reports has NO advertisers (other than the Consumer's Union, the
publisher).  This is an important point to them.  Nor do they allow products to
reference them in any advertising.

That said, they are occasionally deficient in technical areas they do follow
closely, although they are quick to revise themselves and report corrections
when this is brought to their attention.

Periodically I have found a-v evaluations from college research projects (which
I fail to bookmark) and AVG and Avast do every well.  Very competitive with
Symantic and McAfee, although the last one I remember was a couple releases ago.

I currently have AVG, Avast and McAfee installed on various systems in my home
and am pleased with all three.  However, the McAfee license is up (15 months
free on a new system 15 months ago) and I am replacing it with AVG.

On Tue, 21 Aug 2007 09:12:28 EDT, [log in to unmask] wrote:

>>They rated McAfee towards the top, and AVG and Avast  were
>>at the bottom.>>
>
>Hi,
>  Another thing to keep in mind, the magazine likely has Norton and  McAfee
>as paid advertisers, and thus has incentive to rate them above  the 'free' AVG
>and Avast, for which they get no ad revenue.
>
>Peter
Harry Lichtbach
Almaden Unlimited
San Jose, CA. USA