Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 22:27:18 -0500
Presumably you have a sound cable running from your regular CD to your sound card. Your CDRW also has a plug for a sound cable, and usually this cable runs to a secondary plug on the sound card (auxiliary[aux]). Belkin and others make cables that have 3 different plugs on a single cable for all different kinds of plugs and sound cards.  With no sound cable from your CDRW to your sound card you can see that it can't record or play sound.

>Could you explain this in detail please?, (jacks etc.),
>as I have never needed to do that.
>
>                                        Rick Glazier
>
>From: "joseph marty" <[log in to unmask]>
>> If your CDRW is not connected to your sound card it can't record sound. You need to get a cable to connect it to the aux plug on
>your sound card.
>>
>> >our burned CD's are not playing any sound.
>> >
>> >the burner is an I/O Magic 48x16x48 CD-RW
>> >the CD drive a TEAC 8x
>> >both on one ribbon cable connected to the second IDE port
>> >(i don't remember master/slave setup)
>> >
>> >the CD-RW came with Nero software which is not very user friendly. we tried
>> >Roxio v.5 and when we copy a music CD from the TEAC to the I/O Magic, the
>> >resulting product has no sound. (the sound works fine with other CD's)
>> >
>> >the CD-RW does not have the cable connected  to the systems sound card, the
>> >CD drive does.

Netscape. Just the Net You Need.

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcsoft.shtml