Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
"Stephen K. Brown" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 00:12:47 -0500
Mark and Michael,

I had a similar problem in that when I selected the "details" view in Folder
Options, the right side panel was blank.  I could only select large or small
icons and have the files displayed.  A respondent to another PC discussion
group provided the following fix which worked for me:

Try clicking your mouse anywhere in the right-hand panel of the Windows
Explorer screen and then hold down the Ctrl key and the + key from the
number pad on right-side of keyboard.

Hope it works for you!

Steve Brown

Date:    Sun, 27 Aug 2000 12:05:10 -0700
From:    Mark Rode <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Folder views won't stick in Win98

This is a common problem with Windows 98 any version and I don't really
have an answer for you. It happens on some PCs and when it does it is one
of those Windows problems that make you want join the Microsoft lawsuits. I
am surprised MS hasn't fixed this or the auto login bug in Win98 by now
which probably means that they can't figure our why it happens. Sometimes
the settings will eventually set and sometimes they won't. Some people get
struck in a one pain view. I believe this has something to do with active
desktop. You can try turning off active desktop using TweakUI ...go to the
IE tab and you will see a check box to disable active desktop. Also make
sure you are in folders view.....while in Explorer go to View.....Explorer
Bar...and make sure there is a check on folders. Although the next time you
launch My Computer it might decide to uncheck the folders view or go back
to large icons or show the address bar.

As an alternative you can use a front end to Explorer. I highly recommend
Powerdesk which can be download in both a freeware and a shareware version.
http://nospin.com/rode/rode118.html PowerDesk has none of explorers
problems ...or limitations.

Mark Rode
The NoSpin Group