Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Chris Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Jan 2006 06:14:13 -0500

The remote desktop feature in WinXP is probably the easiest way to go Peter.
We just recently decided at work to use a terminal server (Windows 2003)
setup for our filing and databases. Initially our office had a small network
connected to a Windows 2000 server, but it was decided because of our remote
location (about 40 miles from the 'Home' office) that the transfer of
information would be more reliable using a VPN rather than e-mailing large
attachments. I helped setup the Remote Desktop Connections here where I work
with our Systems Admin. at the main office. All of the settings required for
the VPN were rather easy (mostly default) and we all use logon passwords
randomly generated at various intervals. Also, all of the "terminals"  are
stand alone PC's with XP Pro. Incidentally, our remote connection is over a
DSL and working on the terminal server is almost as fast as local access
except when editing digital photographs, which I do as archival info
regarding damages. In that instance it was decided that it was easier to map
the HDD of my PC (where I do most of the editing) on the terminal server and
transfer the larger files directly. We looked into a secure FTP server but
have not decided on that course of action as of yet. HTH

Chris Ryan
E-Mail:

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>