Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2007 21:44:26 -0400
Original Message --
From: <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Friday, August 24, 2007 1:29 PM
Subject: [PCSOFT] (no subject)

Hi,
I have a question that no one can figure out, maybe you can help me correct
it.  My computer turns on every night at midnight, and doesn't shut off
unless I get up and shut it down.  What could be causeing this.  Any  sollutions ?

Thank you 4 your help
R.G.
Cedar Grove, NJ

$$$

Say Hey R.G.,

Check your system's BIOS setup; it's possible that it's configured to instruct your machine to behave this way. If so, the BIOS setup can be reconfigured to disable this unwanted 'midnight awakening'.

Also as a short term fix until you've sorted out the root cause of this problem, you can simply remove power from the machine by flipping the off/on switch on the power supply to the 'off' position when the machine's not in use or, if no off/on switch is available, simply unplug the system or otherwise remove power to the system (wall switch?).

I vaguely remember be summoned to diagnose & fix a very similar problem on a friend's COMPAQ desktop PC about seven years ago, and I believe the fix was in reconfiguring the BIOS in setup mode.

HTH. Please let us know how you make out, my friend.

Regards,
Jeffrey Ottie  `~ )

eom

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's: