Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Penlington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 16:54:36 +0800
Ian,

There is also a check box in the view options "Remember each folders
view settings", which you should uncheck.
Set your preferred view at the top level ie Open My Computer, make your
settings how you want, and do the 'Apply To All Folders'. Close the
window. All windows should open with these settings now, regardless of
whether you go through My Computer or a direct shortcut. Does for me...

Default size - is there a way of setting this across the board? Not that
I've come across. The opening size is determined by the size of the
last-closed window.

Rick P

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ian Porter
Sent: Thursday, 13 June 2002 7:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] XP folder view settings

I think I'm a little more patient than I used to be with this
infuriating operating system called 'Windows', but the thing that still
sends me into fits of homicidal rage, is it's inability to remember
folder view settings.

I prefer to view folders in the 'List' setting while Mr. Gates seems to
think that everyone is as blind as a bat, and insists that the default
view is 'Large Icons'.

After a search that began when Windows98 was released, a couple of
months back I finally found a little program called 'ViewFix' that
forces Windows into remembering your folder view settings.

This little gem works perfectly in W98 and W95 but I thought I'd have no
need for it in the all-new, bells and whistles XP.

I was WRONG!  Windows XP is no better at remembering folder settings
than it's predecessors.

Happily, ViewFix seems to work in XP, even tho it's not written for it.

So ViewFix is doing it's job now, and forcing XP to display folder
contents in 'List' mode, so it's almost the way I like it, but the XP
system seems to be determined to open every darn folder window in full
screen size.

Obviously, Tools\Folder Options\View\Apply to all folders etc etc etc,
should fix it but it doesn't, just as it didn't in W98.

Does anyone know how to control the default size of XP folder windows?
I note that the registry is still accessible in XP, perhaps the answer
is there?

TIA

Ian Porter
Computer Guys