Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Jun 2002 07:09:44 -0700
I don't know what is causing your problem, but if the links you are
clicking for a download are links to the actual file that you need, then
try right clicking on the link and select "Download Target As" and see
if that works.

Not a solution to your problem, but at least it will show you if
downloading can take place.

Peter
------------------
The NoSpin Group

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Dean Havens
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 12:57 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCSOFT] Can`t download

Hi everybody..I`m a newbie here and on the computer(1 year). I`m running
Win98, my browser is IE6. I have a DSL connection. I don`t have the
install disk if it comes to that. I hope you can help me as I`m at my
wits end. My problem is that I am unable to download : windows updates,
microsoft updates, files, Symantec system removal tools, and various and
sundry other programs I would like to download from various sites. When
I click on a download link, in all these cases, the toolbar says
"Downloading from such and such" and then I get an empty page with a
little icon in the upper left corner of the page in the form of a
rectangular box enclosing a small red square, a small blue circle, and a
small purple triangle! When I right click for the properties, it (the
properties) says "not available". I have tried everything including
disabling Norton Security and Norton Antivirus, reducing browser
security to low, deleting files in the Temp Int Files etc. I did find a
"damaged" CV3 file in the Downloaded Program Files folder and deleted
that. In the security options section of Internet Explorer, all Java and
ActiveX controls are enabled. I`m also having a problem uninstalling my
Norton Internet Insecurity System( as I suspect it could be part of the
problem), tho I had the problem even before I installed Norton.  I`m
reduced to doing a manual uninstall, but can`t even do that per Nortons'
instructions, as they require running the Microsoft Windows Cleanup
Utility "first"...which of course, I can`t download!!! This utility is
supposed to remove all connections to Norton systems in the Windows
Installer folder. I don`t know why I can`t manually delete these files,
but it`s not even suggested in Nortons' instructions.

Anyway, somehow I think the clue to this problem is in the "not
available" icon that I get when I click on any download link. However I
have been able to download programs that I`ve paid for??? Any help would
be appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Dean Havens