Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Rick Glazier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 Jun 1999 09:13:40 -0400
- Original Message -From: Harold E. Schumacher, Jr. <[log in to unmask]>
>         Still dealing with my inability to re-load WIN95.  Getting
> following message:
>                         SUWIN caused a General Protection Fault in module
>                         USER.EXE at 0006:005A
>
> > Can you try removing some of the non-essential parts
> > from the computer, before you try to install?
>
>         Yes, I've done that; ~all~ non-essentials.

> Did you catch the comment about boths drives being Seagate?  Special
> requirements for formatting and fdisking???

I'd have to research Seagate for an answer to that. I seldom see them
although they are great drives.
Any chance of switching brands. (See below...)
I've never had such a persistent problem.  Usually, I start over, and
for some reason it "goes through" the second time... or third...

Could you try a "test" install of DOS/Win3.1?  (Pretty quick.)
I could only suggest (at this point) to start substituting EVERYTHING
one at a time, easiest first...
Different media, different CD-ROM DRIVE, different HD controller
(add-in card if necessary), hard drive,  etc.

Unless I missed something, it worked on this machine before right?
(You have said "reload"...)
Either something changed, or has gone bad.

I don't know if I ever heard why this project started.
                Rick Glazier

                         PCSOFT's List Owner's:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                       Drew Dunn<[log in to unmask]>