Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
David Farrington <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 17:41:22 -1000
Thanks very much Earl, Changhsu, and Leigh for the help in figuring out
what
I am trying to do. You have pointed out my inexperience on this project
very
well. Thank you again for the help.

Because of your guidance and questions I now know that I want to be able
store the audio cassette information on CD and be able to play them back
on
a home or car stereo CD player. So I guess MP3 is out for right now?

The cassettes are 45 minutes each side (C-90's) but are recorded in
mono. I
assume under perfect conditions I can get 74 minute of audio time per
CD. I
figure I can record using a stereo recording program and use one track
of
the stereo for one side of the tape (say side A) and then go back a
record
the second track for side B. I guess the problem with this is that I
will be
able to hear from only one side of the speakers during playback in a car
stereo or do some changes in the home CD player's output wires. These
things I can do.

As always, I am open for software and general suggestions now that I
have a better idea of what I am trying to do.

Thanks.

Earl Truss wrote:

> I missed part of this original question.  You say you want use the least
> amount of CD space but you have not said how you are going to use the
> CDs.  If you will just play them on your PC, you can use MP3 format on
> data CD-ROMs as these take up less room.  If you want to play them on a
> home or car stereo, you will have to make the CDs in audio format and
> you will get less music on each CD.
>

>>David Farrington wrote:
>> Sent: Friday, May 12, 2000 5:04 PM
>> Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Voice audio recording on CD-ROM
>>
>> At 08:38 AM 05/12/00 -1000, you wrote:
>>  >I want to take voice audio from cassette tapes and save it to
>>CD-ROMs...

                   messages? Visit our staff web site:
                     http://nospin.com/pc/staff.html