Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Jim Meagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 20:10:45 -0700
To all members, near and far,

I approved Javier's question by mistake.  This is clearly a
hardware and/or driver issue and does not belong on the software
mailing list.

Please send all suggestions and/or comments directly to Javier
and not to the list.

Thank you for understanding and cooperating,

Jim Meagher
=====
Micro Solutions Consulting     Member of The HTML Writers Guild
http://www.ezy.net/~microsol   International Webmasters Association
=====

-----Original Message-----
From: PCSOFT - Personal Computer software discussion list
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of kkkuller
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 1998 6:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [PCSOFT] Where's ma color?

Javier said:
>I was just using my fax modem for the first time in months to receive, when
>all of a sudden my display went dull! It took me a little while to figure
>out that red was missing. Has anyone encountered this before?

    You will need to isolate your problem down to the Monitor or the Video
Driver Circuit before making a Repair or Replace decision.  The easiest
first step is borrow a monitor with the same basic characteristics.  If it
functions normally, the problem is in the Monitor.
    With the red gone, the monitor problem can be in the red electron gun,
the electron stream from which triggers the red phosphors on the screen, or
the circuit in the monitor that triggers the red electron gun.  If the red
electron gun went bad (open filament), the cathode ray tube (picture tube)
will have to be replaced.  If the red electron gun control circuit in the
monitor went bad, it can be repaired at a decent price if you have access to
a good technician.
    If your friend's monitor shows the same problem, however, a technician
will have to test and repair/replace the video driver circuits.  Good luck.
    Karl Kuller